Thursday, May 20, 2010

How I got into PUA

Derren Brown.

The man, myth, and legend. I saw his SciFi channel tv show called Mind Control. Watched every episode. He is so fascinating.. I looked up everything he did, saw every show he ever made... read all his books... this lead to NLP.

I read everything by Bandler and Erikson, which lead to Ross Jeffries and his Speed Seduction... I read a review somewhere that said, "Speed Seduction is where NLP hits the ground running."

From there I found the Mystery Method and David DeAngelo. I read every newsletter, I read all the theory. I watched every seminar I could get. I've got both seasons of The Pick-Up Artist.

My thirst for knowledge has been insatiable since finding out about this "underground" community. Did I become a keyboard jockey? No... I'm out every weekend. But I did use my computer to find every scrap of information, whether it was DVD, MP3, eBook... whatever. I read, saw, listened to it all. And I can tell you... there is no end to the intricacies of social interaction. I will NEVER learn it all, but that won't stop me from trying.

The biggest thing I learned was that it was there in the first place. I was in the dark, a total AFC. The wool was lifted. It's been a few years since the Derren Brown show was on and I've changed immensely.

Using stripper game as an example:
I was a blubbering, drooling douche at a strip bar in '05.
In '07 I was cooler, but still ogling.
In '08 I was actively trying to game a stripper in NYC with patterns.
And in '10 I was at a bachelor party and number closed the 'entertainment'.
I fucked up the text game (I'll post that here soon)... but the fact that she was responding I consider a huge improvement.

If I ever criticize myself for an error in field, all I have to do is look at how far I've come. I'm almost to the top of the mountain.

Thank you, Derren Brown. If I was gay I would totally do you. Ya know what, I would anyway ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment