Monday, January 24, 2011

Green Eyes Text Game and AAR

This is some of my early text game. You'll see a few fuck ups, but overall I think it went well. Logistics never panned out with her (she was away all summer), otherwise I think a Day2 would have followed.
Couple notes:
  • Too many emoticons. Do NOT use emoticons. It is approval seeking. I do NOT use emoticons anymore.
  • I was experimenting with several techniques here like asking a seemingly innocuous question at the end of a response text to keep the vibe going.
  • The staples: Sugarmomma, limited availability, DHV's, nicknames, and C&F

----- Met her at a dive bar and we played pool (billiards).
----- Sent her the first text on the way home. I always do this now.
----- You should, too.

Hey Green Eyes, Had fun tonight. Hope to see you again.
Sweet dreams, Pulsotic
Thanks, but I thought it was 'Pulsotic" with a 'Z'?
(inside joke at number close, I said to her, "that's 'Pulsotic' with a 'Z'" as she was entering the number)

----- A few weeks pass.
----- Sometimes I like to let them stew.
----- I'm in no hurry to text them and the whole time, they're
----- likely thinking about me BECAUSE I haven't texted again.

Hey Green Eyes, I'm in town tonight. Let's meet up for a drink or pool. I'm a "pro", ya know. ('pro' is an inside joke)
Hey! I can't tonight.. I'm going home for my birthday dinner in Wxxx Cxxxxx
45? ;) J/K Happy Birthday. If you're around on Wednesday you should come to Kxx Fxx... My band is playing... We go on first, about 9 I think, which sucks, but I don't know when I'll be back in town.
Yeah! Sorry it took me so long to respond... My phone died. But I'm always in the city and I love Kxxx Fxx so I'll probably show up... What do you play?
I play the Bikelophone. It's wicked easy. I've only been playing it for a week and I think I've mastered it! ;) Guitar, actually. I think this is my last show with them, but we'll see... I've not been to Kxxx Fxx yet, what should I expect? (I gave up the joke too easily)
It's fun... there's a room with the bar area and whatnot and then a big back room for dancing and the stage... a bit hipster but I like it

P.S. what the hell is a bikelaphone? haha
Kxxx Fxx sounds cool. I'll probably dig it. BTW, I thought you WERE a hipster... I'm soooo disappointed ;) A Bikelophone is... hard to explain :) (you do not have to answer a direct question, better if you don't. I should NOT have acknowledged her P.S. 'bikelaphone' question.)
haha I'm maybe a bit of one... I don't usually admit it though.
Drummer didn't show but I'm still hangin' out here w/ bands. You coming out?
Hey I'm not sure... I have exams this week so if I get done studying by like 10:30 I might... do I have to pay to get in?
It's like 50 bucks to get in. You can just pay me 30 and I'll let you in the back ;p you just missed the best onemanband ever!! I'll put you on the list. Nobigdeal. Make sure you studyhard and get a good job... I need a sugar momma ;) see you soon.
Haha we'll see..I'm trying to get everything done now..I'll keep you updated
----- A day later -----

Hey hipster, exams go well?
yeah, but I still have some next week too... how was Kxxx Fxx? sorry I couldn't make it.
It was fun. Woulda been better if our drummer showed. Wcyd? The bands were great. Last one was from Australia. Female guitarist and a male drummer, like white stripes, but backward... And more rockin'. You were right, the place was pretty cool. We met up with some friends and I think I stayed out a bit too late for a work night, but it was worth it. What exams you have left? (Woah, way too much for this text. Should have been: 'You missed a CRAZY party. What exams you have left?' - This would have induced 'fear of loss', set me up as someone who has a lot of fun, and stoked her curiosity, provided I was coy. Contrast that to a lame, "Sucks that you couldn't come out." Which would make me look like I missed HER. But I'd never do that.)
Marketing, human resource management and accounting... should be awful!
I love marketing! Lot of psychology in that. I can totally see you as a book worm, though. I'm a closet nerd myself. Are those required classes or are you majoring in 'awful'? ('I love marketing!' and 'closet nerd' were both VERY bad. I like the rest, though.)
majoring in awful. but taking creative writing and poetry courses for writing intensives so it's not TOO bad. When are you heading to Philly again?
I'll be there this Sat. I might go to the phillies game before that or get some lunch. That's good you have creative courses, too. I went to xxxx college. Aside from painting, my favorite classes were writing. Have you written poetry?
I just recently got really into it, it's so therapeutic! And I was at the Phillies game last night!
Therapeutic? That's a good description. I completely lose track of time when writing... Like everything around you melts away... and the only thing in the universe is what's right in front of you...
(lame, lame, lame attempt at suggestion, but it did help lead me to my 'writing pattern'. I do not do this anymore. Tried a couple times but it always fails in this medium UNLESS it is sexual.)

----- A week later -----

Hey Green Eyes, You won't believe what happened to me over the last 24 hours (let's just say it involved off-duty cops, 2 strippers, and a penguin) Anyhow I'm going out a couple of times to celebrate this week, but might get a few hours spare at some point, how’s your week looking?
haha a penguin? I won't ask. What are you celebrating? And what're you doing monday night? My friend's having a bday celebration at the Bxxxx in fishtown
(I CHOSE not to go to her party because I didn't have a wing that night, and as a rule, I don't meet women on their terms.)

Hey Hipster, how was the party? Sorry I couldn't make it, I had to help my aunt move. I'll be around on Saturday night, though. We may go to Rittenhouse or Old City.. be cool to meet up. I'll leave the penguin home ;)
haha. hi... the party was awesome... mostly a 'girls night' anyway. I'm not gonna be here sat, I have to work all night at the beach.. our schedules never agree!
Eeeew, girls night? I dodged a bullet, 'cuz girls are gross! :P You're right, it's become too difficult... we should just break up... I want my CD's back. Well, have fun working. Which beach are you going to?
hahaha I'm going to Cape May but I'll be back and forth from there to Philly often this summer. I'll let you know when I'm around.
----- A week later -----

You in philly tonight?

----- No response -----

AFTER ACTION REVIEW:

Should I have gone to her friend's birthday party?
Well, I didn't and we never met up again.
So the three second rule has a correlation with Day 2's.
If you don't ACT when the opportunity presents itself,
you may never get the chance to again.
My decision to decline her invitation was amateurishly calculated. I did not feel confident enough to go there by myself, where I knew only her, and where she knew everyone. Sure it would have been easier if I had a wing (I would have had someone else to talk to while she bounced from me to her friends), but now, much later, I feel like I could go by myself, talk to anyone, and be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment