Friday, November 26, 2010

How often do I open?

I'll average 3 openers a night. This is from 9pm to 2am. I really don't understand how so many aspiring PUA's can go out and open 12 sets a night with only a few number closes. When I open, I'd say I hook 90% of the time. I really enjoy talking and interacting so I stay in set a while. Sometimes I'll hang with the same people all night.

"You seem cool, are you friendly?"
My default opener blows open sets so well now, that I don't really need others. I still use the others, but just as routines. I don't let the convo die, if I need to, I've got 10 threads in my pocket ready to go.

Maybe I'm a lot better than I give myself credit for, or maybe it's just that I've been in field so much, but I just don't see the point of opening constant sets if you're not gonna hook. Am I missing something? I don't care, I'm having fun.

*UPDATE* I just realized why I only open a couple sets a night. I've been screening them before I open. I don't open what I would consider a difficult or awkward set. It may be I'm just going for the easy ones... wounded gazelles. Maybe the other guys are just opening everything without screening.

No comments:

Post a Comment